Day 36: Stepping in to the Miraculous

My intention with this blog and project is to report as honestly and transparently as possible about the events that have transpired as the result of this project. While there is too much that has gone on to describe it all in detail here, the plan is to deliver the summary of it with each post with emphasis on the most important events.  I have been acting as an observer to it all and taking careful notes of all the guidance and all the miracles that have occurred since the project's inception.  The notes have amounted to a collection of instructions that at this point fill half of a spiral notebook.   

Since it all began around the middle of May with the idea for this project, I have been wary of putting my complete faith in what I have been experiencing.   Given that, I decided that the best way to go about it would be, as I have already mentioned, to stay grounded and just to collect the data of everything I experienced as the result of the project.  While I have been doing exactly that, God has clearly had other plans to make a true believer out of me.  

About a week ago, I was hanging out with my sister, my niece and my nephew, and we were headed out to pick up a pizza.  On the way to the pizza place, a song entered my consciousness out of nowhere.  It was a 10,000 Maniacs song** from the early 90's, and ironically, I wasn't exactly a fan of the song when it came out.  But I've had these experiences a handful of times before where a song has popped into my head out of nowhere, and there has always been a meaningful and relevant message attached.  As we continued our drive, I pulled up the lyrics version of the song below and listened intently while tears of wonder and gratitude streamed down my face at how amazing God truly is.....




The experience of listening to that song for me was completely miraculous and felt like listening directly to a message from heaven as it both captured and confirmed the experiences I have been having over the last couple months.  

It was the first of several miracles that I have experienced since I wrote the last post on June 29.   As I mentioned above, I have received literal instructions over the last couple months including the ever unfolding book list that I mentioned in one of the earlier posts.  It now contains the titles of over 50 books--each of which is written by a major spiritual or personal development teacher.  About 10 days ago, I was given the explicit instructions to start both The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and The Magic by Rhonda Byrne--both of which I am listening to in the audio format.  Each of them are written in a daily lesson format, and I am currently on Day 10 of each of them.  

On July 5, while sitting in meditation, I heard two distinct phrases.  The first was "Anais, Anais" which I thought was a strange message to receive in meditation, but I wrote it down anyway like I do with all of the guidance that I receive.  I have found that qualifying guidance as it comes in isn't always helpful.  I don't always understand the meaning of it when I first receive it.  Sometimes, that meaning is revealed much later.  The second I received was the words "The Parable of the Talents".  

A couple moments after meditation, I began listening to Day 5 of the Purpose Driven Life.  In the first 30 seconds of the segment, the author read the following quote from Anais Nin:  "We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are".  And, about half way into the 11 minute lesson, Rick Warren mentioned the Parable of the Talents.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing but even more astoundingly,  as soon as he finished his commentary, I heard inwardly the word, "Questions?"

In that moment, all that I could manage was silence.  There was only one man who most famously spoke in parables and that man was Jesus, and it certainly seemed in that moment as if he was working with me.  As of today, I do believe He is working with me.

That evening, before I went to bed, I heard the words "Sound Cloud".  I was too tired to do anything with it so I fell asleep forgetting to log it in my notebook.  When I opened my eyes in the morning, the first words I heard once again were "Sound Cloud".  While I didn't know exactly what it was referring to, I thought it might have something to do with a podcast interview I did a couple years ago.  When I searched Sound Cloud Alycia Schlesinger, a podcast interview that I did with a friend of mine named Paul Gilmartin in 2011 came up immediately.  I had been looking for that interview about a year ago and had had trouble finding it, and after all that, there it was.  I was blown away once again .

The underlying message of all the experiences that I have been having is that God knows exactly who I am, exactly where I have been and exactly where I need to go even if I don't always remember. 

As I have been told repeatedly over the last couple weeks, this is a faith walk with God.  
Handle with prayer....


---------------------------

**10,000 Maniacs, "These are Days".
Our Time in Eden, Elektra, 1992









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 150: Into the Mystic

Day 103: The Beauty of Being Realistic

The Beginning: A Bit of an Anomaly