Day 45: Observing the Mystical

"Observing the Mystical--that's the name of the game".  I heard that on June 2 which was 3 days before the project even began.  It's Day 45 today, and the guidance continues to roll in.  Truth be told, I am rather awe-struck at what this project has delivered so far.  My intention was to develop a treatment plan for my life circumstances that might just open the doors to the possibility of heavenly assistance in guiding me to a solution for how to start my life over again.  As part of that treatment plan, I also set the intention to read/ study the top authors in spirituality and personal development in search of additional solutions and inspiration.  In looking back over the resulting instructions that have since unfolded, the outcome so far has been more than miraculous!

The book list, which began accumulating on Day 2 of the project, has been given to me over the last 44 days and now has over 75 titles on it.  As I have described before, some of the authors I have never even heard of, but the authors and titles continue to come through in consciousness as clearly as you and I speaking.  Every single one of the titles falls under the heading of either spirituality or personal development, and as I have previously stated, the book list itself and the amazing instructions I have been given seem to be nothing less than an answered prayer. 

And yet, another miracle in the guise of an extraordinary synchronicity!  Yesterday, I was given the name of the author Leo Tolstoy in the silence but no book title to go with it.  Today, in casual conversation, one of my roommates brought up the Nag Hammadi library which "is a collection of 13 early Christian and Gnostic texts discovered near Nag Hammadi, Egypt in 1945." (Wikipedia)  The library contains many of the Gnostic gospels including the Gospel of Thomas which happens to be one of the titles that I was given on my booklist.  When I mentioned to my roommate that I had just started looking into the Nag Hammadi library and had recently read the Gospel of Thomas, he says, to my utter amazement, that I should check out Leo Tolstoy's Gospel In Brief.  When I mentioned to him later that there was really no correlation between Leo Tolstoy and the Nag Hammadi library other than that they are both centered around Jesus and the Gospel, he said it just popped into his head.  What are the chances statistically that he would pull out the name Leo Tolstoy?  I continue to remain astounded!  

About a week ago, I was going on one of my visualization walks which is part of my treatment plan and regular practice.  I began incorporating it into my practice in around 2001 after listening to Tony Robbin's "Daily Magic".  The walk basically consists of 10 minutes of gratitude for everything you have in your life right now followed by gratitude for everything you want to experience in your life as if it's happening right now.  Add some music that makes you incredibly happy, and you have the formula for the visualization walk I'm referring to.  That particular day I could not bring myself to complete the walk.  I had just recently given up caffeine, dairy and sugar in cooperation with some of the guidance that I have received, and I was just too tired.   I sat on the corner and cried.  It was just one of those days.

While I sat there, I heard very clearly:  "The Case for Christ:  Lee Strobel".   While I am familiar with the book, I have never read it, but the experience of hearing that phrase in the perfect stillness was so compelling that I went back home and immediately found the documentary and watched it.  The story is about Lee Strobel's real life experience as a lawyer, investigative journalist and an atheist who's wife, much to his chagrin, becomes highly involved with Christianity after they are married.  In response to that, he decides to use his professional skill set to essentially disprove the existence of God.  After over 600 days of reviewing all of the evidence through Biblical experts and theologians, he decides that there is more evidence for Christ than there is for atheism.  He then converts to Christianity. 

So what does that mean for me?  It's becoming very clear to me that I am being asked to put all of my faith in God as I walk forward during the remaining 105 days of this project while navigating this transition into the next chapter of my life.  It's also becoming clear that as uncomfortable as the word Jesus makes a lot of people, he certainly seems to be all around me.  At least, all evidence seems to point in that direction.  The truth is that I believe that he has been around me trying to get my attention for quite a while now.  

In early 2021, I went to jail for missing a court date in regards to one of those charges for evading a police officer.  I ended up serving about 45 days.  While I was in jail, I kept hearing two distinct phrases and only two.  They were as follows: "It was then that I carried you" and "Put your hand in the hand".  The first phrase I readily recognized as the final line of the poem, "Footprints in the Sand".  My parents had given me that poem in a glass case as a gift when I was a child, and it hung in my room for years. 


Footprints in the Sand 

original footprints poem

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, You said that once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

-Carolyn Carty, 1963


The other phrase was "Put your Hand in the Hand" and of course, when I researched it, it turned out to be a song performed by Anne Murray that was released in 1970.  The second day after I was released from jail, I remembered hearing that phrase and pulled up that song and listened to it.  With eyes filled with tears and a heart filled with amazement, I listened to what was nothing less than another invitation to walk with God.  This week, after not thinking about it for almost 2 years now, I heard the phrase again.....




   Have a peaceful week....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 150: Into the Mystic

Day 103: The Beauty of Being Realistic

The Beginning: A Bit of an Anomaly