Day 74: Beat it Back with a Broom

 


Yesterday, while I was making my bed in the morning, I saw a crystal clear vision of a push broom.  It looked almost exactly like the one pictured above, and just like with the mystical experiences that I have had with many of the words or phrases that I hear, I decided to trust that more would be revealed.  

Around 9 o'clock last night, I decided to pick up where I left off with the movie I was watching a couple nights ago: the Legend of Bagger Vance.  Even though I've seen it close to 20 times, it's one of the titles on the book list, and I am still finding it to be as profound as ever.  While I was watching, there was a scene that came forward with a man pushing a broom that looked exactly like the one from my vision.  It then suddenly made perfect sense.  The vision was actually a reference to one of my favorite quotes from the movie, which is set in the age of the Great Depression.  The little boy in the movie, who is actually the narrator, sees his dad pushing a broom and street-sweeping because that is the only job he can find, and the little boy, who is with his friends, becomes embarrassed and walks in the other direction while completely ignoring his father.  When the little boy brings this to the attention of the main character, Junah, played by Matt Damon, and tells him how embarrassed he is about his  father's choice, Junah responds by saying, "Your daddy stared adversity in the eye, Hardy, and he beat it back with a broom."  

----------------------------------------

It's been extraordinary, really.  So many of the visions and the other mystical experiences that I have been having since the onset of the project have been both obscure and meaningful references to different parts of my life that no one would know about except for maybe....well...God.  It has occurred to me that these references might be God's way of helping me to know for sure that it was Him in order to gift me with an unshakeable knowing and faith.  Today, while writing this blog entry, I heard "Your life through God's eyes".  That pretty much sums up the experience that I have been having, and it's not lost on me how incredibly blessed I am to be having it in the first place.  I prayed for God to help me, and every day, He answers me with one more moment of the miraculous.  

One of my first memories of having a mystical experience is from when I was approximately 24 years old.  I was walking down Wilshire Blvd. with my dad, and I suddenly had a deep and profound knowing come over me that Santa Monica was home.  I still remember it to this day.  I had no plans to move there at the time, and it didn't even occur to me to move there until 5 years later.  I still remember the day that I moved there; I went for a walk through the neighborhood down to the beach, and I was moved to overwhelming tears of joy at how much I loved the place that I lived.  That love, that feeling of home, that I felt that day was foreshadowed in the vision five years prior.

The first really big mystical experience happened in 2001 when I was 29 years old.  I was in Kona, Hawaii, for a Tony Robbins Life Mastery event, and we were in the middle of an exercise that was designed to extract answers from the unconscious mind about identity.  The object of the exercise was to continue to make I am statements like "I am smart.  I am confident.  I am athletic. I am fun to be around," until you passed through the conscious mind and begin to get answers from the unconscious mind.  The process for each person usually lasted ten minutes or so until they began to run out of things to say.  When it was my turn, and I got to the end of the exercise, the words that came out of my mouth were "I am a fairy, I am a priestess, I am a healer."  "I'm a healer?" I thought to myself.  "No, I'm not--I'm a loan officer".

The next day I was working in a group with a woman who was having a challenging time with the exercise we were doing.  I was facilitating for her, and the exercise called for me to hold both of her hands.  When she grabbed my hands, she suddenly looked up at me with a surprised look on her face and said, "Are you a healer?"  I said, "I don't know.  Apparently, I might be."  She looked at me and smiled and said, "I am from India.  You are a healer.  You have the energy running through your hands."

The frequency of the mystical experiences have continued to increase over the last 20 years.  While at first they were somewhat sporadic, over the last 7 years they have become more of an every day occurrence culminating in the very miraculous experience that I have been having since the inception of this project.  They are truly the most extraordinary gift that I have ever received or could ever hope to receive.  They are the light unto my path, and I am so grateful to God for his continued blessing in my life. 

A couple days ago, I was transcribing the guidance out of my phone into my notebook when another song began to play sporadically in consciousness.  (I text notes to myself when I receive a vision, a dream, a word, a phrase or a song, and then I transcribe the guidance into my notebook where I have it all in chronological order).  While the song is one that most everyone knows, I have never really paid attention to the lyrics.  While I listened to the lyrics this time, I was moved to tears once again.  I guess God wanted me to know that as a mystic, I am in extraordinary company.....





----------------------------------
Beatles, "Let It Be"
Let It Be, Apple, 1970

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 150: Into the Mystic

Day 103: The Beauty of Being Realistic

The Beginning: A Bit of an Anomaly